Castelli Free Aero RC Bib Shorts
First launched 15 years ago, and worn to countless victories, the Free shorts are legendary for their comfort. The Castelli Free Aero RC Bib Shorts build on this heritage, making them the best racing shorts Castelli have ever made.
You don't have to be a pro rider to enjoy the benefits the Free Aero RC Bib Shorts offer. Whether riding for an hour or riding all day, the smooth, compressive support, premium seat pad and outstanding flexibility all offer unrivalled comfort.
Less is More
Castelli have deconstructed their previous Free shorts and started from scratch to deliver a more minimalist, but highly comfortable race short. Compared to previous iterations, there are fewer panels, now just 5 compared to 10. In combination with Castelli's high-stretch and compressive Forza 2 fabric, this gives a wonderful sense of freedom throughout your pedal stroke.
Moving to the ends of the legs, this sees yet more minimalism. Instead of the usual elastic or silicone grippers, you'll find just smooth, raw cut edges. No more irritation when you're getting sweaty. After 28 prototypes and extensive material testing, Castelli have found the sweet spot, with shorts that remain in place but don't irritate or compress too much.
When it comes to the upper body, again Castelli have sought to minimise the construction, removing bulk, boosting comfort and improving airflow.
Open-weave bib straps let air in while also letting moisture evaporate away quickly. To the back, a reinforcing yoke ensures your straps remain flat and in place, while the mesh back is kept narrow, again to improve airflow to the body and prevent overheating. At the lower back, the bib forms a convenient storage pocket too.
Progetto X² Air Seat Pad
The top-end Progetto X2 Air Seatpad is now better than ever. Castelli has improved the shape of the back and improved the method of stitching it in place. The result is it now sits flatter and offers greater comfort.
The X2 retains its awesome ventilating perforations, keeping you cooler and drier on endurance rides. The design allows air and moisture to flow directly to the surface fabric for quick evaporation maintaining dryness. A 3 layer component construction also features two densities of foam plus gel pads to provide progressive damping. A super-soft and stretchy next-to-skin layer, with an antibacterial finish, completes this premium pad.
- Materials: 68% Polyamide, 32% Elastane
- Mesh: 77% Polyamide, 23% Elastane
- High-compression 215 g Forza 2 fabric with 32% Lycra® content provides exceptional muscle support and compression
- Progetto X² Air seamless seat pad is soft against the skin but well padded for long-distance comfort
- Minimalist bib straps allow maximum airflow, while a reinforced yoke keeps the straps flat over the shoulders
- Rear mesh pocket
- 5-panel construction for reduced seams and less chafing
- Stitched scorpion logo patch and embossed Castelli wordmark for durability
- Reflective piping on back of legs
- Raw-cut edge at waist for extra stretch and comfort
- Raw-cut leg ending engineered to stay put without silicone
- Suggested Temperature range: 15 to 35 degrees C
- Colour: Black, Dark Gray
- Gender: Male
- Age Group: Adult