The reliable everyday performance of Aksium is engineered for the special demands of disc brakes.
Aksium is a great choice for everyday road riding. With a smart balance of high-quality materials and durable construction, it offers aspiring road riders the clear performance benefits of a high-quality wheelset.
This Aksium Disc model includes special features aimed at the unique demands of disc brake road bikes. It uses straight-pull spokes for added stiffness and strength, and we also increased the spoke count to 24 on both front and rear wheels.
With a 17mm internal width, these rims are compatible with tires up to 32mm, making them versatile, comfortable and ideal for challenging road conditions. The disc-specific hubs feature super strong QRM bearings that provide low friction and long-term durability.
The Aksium Disc is made for standard quick release and is compatible Center Lock brake rotors.
Powerful, reliable disc brakes for added confidence and control.
24 spokes front and rear for optimized brake torque distribution. Disc-brake optimized rim profile. Disc-friendly spoke geometry and lacing pattern.
Smooth, efficient ride quality.
Wider 17mm (inner width) rims allow tires up to 32mm. High quality QRM cartridge bearings. Straight pull round spokes are stronger than J-bend options.
Weight: 1905 grams (Pair)
Weight: 870 grams (Front)
Weight: 1035 grams (Rear)
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Height: 21 mm
- Joint: pinned
- Drilling: traditional
- Disc brake-specific profile
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tire: clincher
- Internal width: 17 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, round
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Front: Quick release and 12x100 through-axle compatible
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Instant Drive 360
- QRM Auto
- Color: Black only
- Disc standard: 6 Bolts or Center Lock (R)
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- Front axle: 12x100 thru-axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Not compatible with 15mm through axles.
- Rear-axle: 12mm thru-axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (LV2680300)
- 12mm front hub cap ([LV2680500] - Delivered with the wheel)
- 12x142 rear axle adapters ([LV2510700]l)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (LV2510800)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (LV2510900)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (LV3850100)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (LV3440100)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (LV2580100)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body ([LV3430100] - Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 N3W freewheel body (V4270101)
- ASTM CATEGORY 2: road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesn't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: see an indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2