Quite simply, VeloSkin’s chamois cream is our ‘hero’ product. We believe our chamois cream is the best in the market at protecting the part of your body that is so vital for sustained, enjoyable riding. Cycling is inherently hard on both the body and mind, with even the strongest riders suffering on occasion – so why suffer unnecessarily, when you don’t have to?
Friction is the source of almost all the discomfort you'll feel on the bike. It makes sense to reduce that as much as you can. Of course, kit choice and a properly fitting bicycle all factor in, but in the end, you're still going to need chamois cream.
From the longest ride or the highest climb, discomfort and saddle soreness can prevent you from feeling your best. Our performance chamois cream is purposely designed to keep you more comfortable for longer, in the saddle for longer, so that you can enjoy the ride.
We think prevention is better than cure, which is why our chamois cream offers long-lasting protection and comfort.
Our patented formula is packed with vitamins, minerals and amino acids. We use natural ingredients and no animal products whatsoever to provide a thick, luxurious and long-lasting chamois cream that protects and keep harmful bacteria at bay.
We conceived, formulated and tested our chamois cream in the gritty Yorkshire dales, over countless miles, up numerous climbs, and in all conditions to ensure you keep performing at your best.
Carefully selected active ingredients in every tin of VeloSkin chamois cream include:
- Shea butter - Your skin’s best friend. Soothes itching and balances skin hydration levels
- Cocoa butter - Bursting with healthy, fatty acids to add a protective layer of hydration
- Soy wax – Superbly moisturises and revitalises the skin
- Witch hazel - Mother Nature’s astringent fights swelling, sores and infection
- Coconut oil - Can make the difference between dry, sore skin and smooth, soft and supple skin
- Jojoba oil - Naturally antimicrobial, jojoba oil prevents the growth of bacteria on the skin.
- Raspberry seed oil - Great for sore skin thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Argan oil - Packed with Vitamin E and essential fatty acids; an ideal natural moisturiser
- Aloe vera - Helps heal and has sooth due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Vitamin C - Its antioxidant properties make it a vital molecule for healthy skin
- Cucumber oil - Detoxes pores to keep things clean and fresh
- Wheat protein - Gently nourishes whilst balancing moisture levels
- Orange oil - Characterised by antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
- Bergamot oil – Providing a natural citrus scent, as well as warding off microorganisms
Size - 150ml(e)
Top tip from us Go for both. That way you're less likely to miss anywhere and you're guaranteed a comfortable ride.
When applying it to your shorts, start at the seams of your chamois pad as this is the area more likely to cause you irritation. From here, work your way in towards the centre of your chamois pad using a circular motion. This works the cream into all the creases and nooks and crannies that are created when you’re wearing your bibs.
When applying it to your skin, pretty much the same applies. Focus on any areas where you're likely to get skin-on-skin contact, or skin-on-pad contact.