Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a fast cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
You're new to the trail but have serious singletrack aspirations, and want a versatile, race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance, like a higher-quality suspension fork and a simple 1x drivetrain.
A light frame with internal shift cable and brake hose cable routing, a smoother-feeling RockShox Judy fork with a lockout, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes and Bontrager wheels. A simple 1x drivetrain ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. Don't worry, with the wide-range 11-46 cassette, you still get all the gears you need for clawing up climbs and blazing down descents.
The RockShox suspension, wide range of gearing, and quality parts make it the best choice in the Marlin line-up for new mountain bikers who know they want a serious bike for their money. It’s fully capable of taking on big trail adventures and XC races.
- This is one of our most popular bikes for good reason. You get all the value, plus all the versatility – it's a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It's really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Great suspension at an even better price
- The 1x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- The Marlin models in XS to S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- FRAME Alpha Silver Aluminium, internal routing, chainstay disc-brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5 mm QR
- Fork RockShox Judy, coil spring, preload, TurnKey lockout, 46 mm offset for 29" wheel, 100 mm QR, 100 mm travel
- Max compatible fork travel 100mm (XS & S: 490mm axle-to-crown, M & up: 509mm axle-to-crown)
- Hub front Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100 mm QR
- Hub rear Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, 135x5 mm QR
- Rim Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20 mm width, Presta valve
- Spokes 14 g stainless steel
- Tyre Size: M , ML , L , XL , XXL
Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.20"
- Max tyre size Frame: 29x2.20" (XS & S: 27.5x2.4") Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter Shimano Deore M4100, 10 speed
- Rear derailleur Shimano Deore M5120, long cage
- Crank Size: ML , L , XL , XXL
FSA Alpha Drive, 28T steel ring, Boost, 175 mm length
- Bottom bracket FSA, 73 mm, threaded cartridge, 122.5 mm spindle
- Cassette Shimano Deore M4100, 11-46, 10-speed
- Chain KMC X10, 10-speed
- Pedal VP-536 nylon platform
- Max. chainring size 1x/2x: 34T, 3x: 42T
- Saddle Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- Seatpost Size: XS , S , M
Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 330 mm length
Size: ML , L , XL , XXL
Bontrager alloy, 31.6 mm, 12 mm offset, 400 mm length
- Handlebar Size: XS
Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 690 mm width
Size: S , M , ML , L , XL , XXL
Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 5 mm rise, 720 mm width
- Grips Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem Size: M
Bontrager Comp, 31.8 mm, Blendr compatible, 7-degree, 70 mm length
Size: ML , L
Bontrager Comp, 31.8 mm, Blendr compatible, 7-degree, 80 mm length
- Head set Semi-integrated, 1-1/8"
- Brake Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- Brake rotor Size: XS , S , M , ML , L , XL , XXL
Shimano RT26, 6-bolt,160 mm
- Weight M - 13.47 kg/29.7 lb
- Weight limit This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).