The Trek Madone SLR 6 Disc 2021 is a light and fast aerodynamic road bike, featuring Trek's lightest carbon laminate yet. The deep-section wheels and every little detail on this bike were designed to make you faster.
It comes with an 800 series OCLV frame and an adjustable Top Tube IsoSpeed decoupler, which allows you do adjust the amount of compliance. It is also dampened by an elastomer, so it helps you to control the rear end of your bike. The Bontrager Aeolus 50mm deep-section wheels are light and allow you to cut through headwind efficiently. The shifting and the power transfer are taken care of by Shimano's excellent Ultegra 8000 groupset and a threaded bottom bracket keeps the creaks away. Powerful Shimano Ultegra brakes provide plenty of stopping power.
- 800 Series OCLV Carbon Frame: Trek's lightest carbon laminate combines aero performance with low weight
- Project One: P1 allows the ultimate custom finish
- Invisible cable routing: It offers a clean look and with a separate bar and stem with an aero faceplate, you can adjust it to your needs without compromising on aerodynamics
- Frame: 800 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, adjustable top tube IsoSpeed, invisible cable routing, a 3S aero chain keeper, T47 BB, DuoTrap S compatible, flat mount disc, 142x12mm thru-axle
- Fork: Madone KVF full carbon, tapered carbon steerer, invisible cable routing, flat mount disc, carbon dropouts, 12x100mm thru-axle
- Number of Gears: 11
- Gear Shifters: Shimano Ultegra R8020, 11-speed
- Chainset: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 52/36
- Chainrings: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 52/36
- Rear Cassette: Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-30, 11 speed
- Chain: Shimano Ultegra HG701, 11-speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra R8000, short cage, 30T max cog
- Bottom Bracket: Praxis, T47 threaded, internal bearing
- Wheels: Bontrager Aeolus Pro 5, OCLV Carbon, Tubeless Ready, 19.5mm rim width, 50mm rim depth, 100x12 front, 142x12 rear
- Front Tyre: Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 700x25c
- Rear Tyre: Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 700x25c
- Brakes: Shimano Ultegra hydraulic disc, flat mount
- Handlebars: Trek Madone adjustable aero VR-CF, OCLV Carbon, invisible cable routing, 93mm reach, 123mm drop
- Handlebar Tape: Bontrager Supertack Perf tape
- Stem: Trek Madone aero, invisible cable routing, 7 degree
- Saddle: Bontrager Aeolus Elite, austenite rails, 145mm width
- Seatpost: Madone aero carbon internal seat mast cap, integrated light mount, 25mm offset
- Weight:56 - 8.26 kg / 18.21 lbs
Road Bike Sizing Guide
Road bikes as the name implies are for road use. There are a growing number of “gravel” or “adventure” bikes which are based on road bicycles, but feature wider and more versatile tyres and disc brakes, so you can also do light trail riding such as towpaths. They are also more pothole resistant!
Sizing is normally in cm, and is a measurement from the centre of the chain-wheel axle (The BB or bottom bracket) and the top of the frame seat tube. Some are measured to the centre of the seat tube where it meets the top tube (otherwise known as the crossbar).
That measurement is on road bikes normally in CM – and no-one really knows why! Some road bikes will use “T-Shirt Sizing” so S, M, L, XL etc. but there will be a geometry chart that then shows the measurement in CM.
|What is your height?
||Your suggested bicycle size
|4'10" - 5'0"
||148cm - 152cm
|5'0" - 5'3"
||152cm - 160cm
|5'3" - 5'6"
||160cm - 168cm
|5'6" - 5'9"
||168cm - 175cm
|5'9" - 6'0"
||175cm - 183cm
|6'0" - 6'3"
||183cm - 191cm
|6'3" - 6'6"
||191cm - 198cm