The Rail 5 625 is an electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analogue trail bikes, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
You’re looking for an e-MTB that’s just as ready to shred as non-electric trail bikes. You want a powerful Bosch drive system that’ll propel you up climbs so you can hit lap after lap.
A burly alloy frame with 150 mm of rear travel that fully encases a long-range 625 Wh battery, an e-MTB optimised 160 mm RockShox 35 Gold RL fork, a powerful Bosch Performance Line CX (250 W, 85 Nm) motor that assists up to 20 mph (25 km/h in Europe) and a Purion controller. Plus, a 1x12 drive train with a wide gear range so you can always find the ideal cadence for the motor, a dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for more downhill confidence and 29er wheels with nimble yet grippy 2.6" tyres.
The Rail 5 625 is our best-value long-travel e-MTB. It's equally as capable as our regular long-travel trail bikes, it just gets you back to the top in a flash. Plus, the bigger battery means more time on the trail.
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain – no shuttle or lift necessary
- The bigger battery means you can adventure for longer between charges
- The Purion controller has Walk Assist and an intelligent eMTB mode that automatically delivers the right amount of power based on your terrain
- Made with the same hard-charging frame tech as Remedy, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- FRAME Alpha Platinum Aluminium, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armour, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle, 150 mm travel
- FORK RockShox 35 Gold RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm Maxle Stealth, 160 mm travel
- MAX COMPATIBLE FORK TRAVEL 170mm (580mm axle-to-crown)
- HUB FRONT Bontrager sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15 mm thru axle
- HUB REAR Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost148, 12 mm thru axle
- SKEWER REAR Bontrager Switch thru-axle, removable lever
- RIM Alex MD35, tubeless compatible, 32-hole, 35 mm width, Presta valve
- TIRE Bontrager XR4 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29x2.60"
- MAX TIRE SIZE Frame: 29x2.60" Fork: See manufacturer
- SHIFTER Shimano Deore M6100, 12-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore M6100, long cage
- CRANK E*thirteen E*spec Plus, 34T, 165 mm length
- CASSETTE Shimano Deore M6100, 10-51, 12-speed
- CHAIN Shimano Deore M6100
- PEDALS VP-536 nylon platform
- MAX. CHAINRING SIZE 34T
- SADDLE Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138 mm width
- SEATPOST Size: M, L, XL
TranzX JD-YSP18, 130mm travel, internal routing, 31.6 mm, 425 mm length
- HANDLEBAR Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width
- GRIPS Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- STEM Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm, Knock Block, 0-degree, 50 mm length
- HEADSET 1-1/8'' threadless, sealed cartridge bearings
- BRAKE Shimano 4-piston hydraulic disc, MT4100 lever, MT420 calliper
- BRAKE ROTOR Shimano RT76, 6-bolt, 203 mm
- BATTERY Bosch PowerTube 625
- CHARGER Bosch compact 2A, 100–240V, smart system
- WEIGHT M - 23.88 kg/52.65 lb
- WEIGHT LIMIT This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).