VENTO ARGO R5 is a performance racing saddle with a short-nose design that improves stability and allows for a more aggressive, aero riding position.
Where a traditional saddle shape encourages riders to shift their position frequently for better leverage, Argo puts the rider in a more planted position, making for greater stability and better weight distribution. Vento Argo’s short length allows the rider to sit further forward without placing undue pressure on sensitive tissues.
It also features an ergonomic cutout that was developed using detailed pressure analysis and input from medical experts. Argo is our most versatile saddle shape and each version suits different riding styles. As the racing option, Vento Argo has been engineered to deliver a riding feel that suits race bikes with aggressive geometry.
The padding is made from fizik’s proprietary Type 1 foam formulation, which has a lower profile and is reactive and springy for instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
The purposeful shape of its design helps you achieve a better riding posture: the dropped nose supports the pubic ramus when the pelvis rotates forward to add power or to get more aero.
Argo is a product of the Fizik Concepts programme, a cross-disciplinary collaboration of leading industry experts and academics carrying out research and analysis on technology, design, physiology and bike-fitting in search of ways to improve cycling performance.
- Vento: Performance racing series designed in collaboration with professional cyclists
- Argo: versatile short nose saddle that encourages stability and reliefs pressure on soft tissue area
- R5: a combination of a ride compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and an S-Alloy rail
- Type 1 foam: low profile, reactive and springy for efficent power transfer
VENTO ARGO R5 140 mm
- Length: 265 mm
- Width: 140 mm
- Weight: 225 g
- Height at 75mm width: 45 mm
- Length from nose to 75mm width: 114 mm
- Rail: 7x7 mm