Your little shredder is ready to hop off the neighborhood streets and onto the trail, and you want to get them started the right way with a real-deal mountain bike that builds skills and confidence from the outset. If you're looking to teach your little one the wisdom of the trail, there's no better teaching tool than Roscoe.
A durable Alpha Gold Aluminum frame with a sloping top tube for added clearance, 24˝ wheels with mid-fat 2.8" tires for added traction and stability, a 1x8 Shimano drivetrain with a wide-range cassette for hills and technical sections, mechanical disc brakes, and loads of thoughtful details borrowed from adult MTB tech, like a closed front dropout and a tucked-in rear brake caliper so when kids drop their Roscoe it doesn't mean an automatic trip to the shop for a replacement part.
Give a kid a Roscoe and you'll make a mountain biker for life. Mid-fat tires and a wealth of kid-specific design details make this bike the perfect introduction to the trail. If your little one is ready to tag along when you hit the singletrack, this is the kid-friendly set-up that's made to build confidence, skills, and a healthy obsession with the world's greatest activity.
- There's no family outing as fun as a trail session, and Roscoe is the ideal kids' bike for building great memories
- This isn't a small adult bike—it's built from the ground up for kids, by people who know exactly what works for them and what doesn't
- When you're learning to ride, simplicity is best: a 1x8 drivetrain lets kids focus on keeping the rubber side down
- The kid-specific frame geometry has a sloping top tube that makes it easier to hop on and off
- The rear brake caliper is tucked into the frame to help prevent damage from laying the bike down
Wider tires instill confidence and control on the trail.
||Alpha Aluminum, 24''
||Roscoe 24'' alloy
||Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 100mm ThruSkew
||Formula DC-2241, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost141, 5mm QR
||24'' alloy, 28-hole, schrader valve
||Shimano Altus M315, 8 speed
||Shimano Tourney TX80
||Alloy, 28T chain ring w/guard, 152mm length
||SunRun cassette, 11-34, 8 speed
||KMC Z8.3, 8 speed
||Kid's 24'' size, padded
||Bontrager alloy, 27.2mm, 12mm offset, 250mm length
||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 580mm width
||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 60mm length
||VP 1-1/8'', semi-Integrated
||Tektro MD-M280 mechanical disc, 160mm rotor
||Kids' alloy brake lever, black
||11.60 kg / 25.58 lbs
||This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 175 pounds (80 kg).