Trusted Mavic technologies and design, all packaged in a lightweight, durable wheelset with a stunning finish make this a smart upgrade for any road rider
This lightweight aluminum wheelset is a no-brainer for anybody looking to make an easy upgrade from OEM wheels. The Ksyrium S can significantly boost any bike's performance and is an easy entry point to Mavic quality that doesn't take any shortcuts.
The Ksyrium S is 60g lighter than the former Ksyrium UST while also being wider, stronger, and laterally stiffer. Stiffness is optimized using Fore technology. The upper bridge remains undrilled, optimizing strength and rigidity, and it doesn’t require the use of rim tape, which saves another 30g per wheel. The rim bed’s new shape makes it easier than ever to mount and remove tires, and our UST Tubeless technology improves rolling resistance and grip while reducing the risk of punctures. Those rims are made in France, in our aluminum rim factory.
Our new Infinity hub platform optimizes stiffness and power transfer with highly controlled spoke tension, while an Instant Drive 360 freewheel coupled with our automatic bearing preload adjustment (QRM Auto) delivers fast engagement and durability. The Ksyrium S doesn’t just ride fast, it looks fast too. Matte-painted hubs, invisible rim welding, and deep black spokes give this wheelset a premium look that stands out from the crowd.
It's available for Shimano cassettes and can convert to Campagnolo or XD-Road with optional driver bodies.
Weight: 1570 grams (Pair)
Weight: 675 grams (Front)
Weight: 895 grams (Rear)
Lightweight and durable for everyday performance
Rim weighs only 430g No rim tape is needed, saving 60g over a traditional wheel Flat, lightweight spokes and ID360 freewheel technology
Laterally stiff and vertically compliant for a more dynamic ride
Fore technology keeps the rim upper bridge solid to make the 19mm wide rim stiffer New Infinity hub platform: stiff axle, durable bearings, and new hub design
Improved UST Road delivers more speed, comfort, and control in an easy-to-use tubeless system
No tubes mean less friction, better efficiency, and grip, and reduced risk of punctures new rim bed shape makes it easier to mount and change tires. Fore drilling technology doesn't require the use of rim tape.
- Material: Maxtal
- Height: 22 mm
- Brake track: UB Control
- Tire: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Internal width: 19 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: front 18, rear 24
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Infinity Hub
- Instant Drive 360
- QRM Auto
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (LV3850100)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (LV3440100)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (LV2580100)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body ([LV3430100] - Delivered on the wheel)
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesnn't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
Light and strong Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
Fore tapeless tubeless technology
Stiffer and stronger Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
Instant Drive 360 freewheel technology
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
UST tubeless technology
Traction and control Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and flats.