The Castelli Free Protect Race Rosso Corsa Shorts use Vortex fabric on the outside, it is highly durable in case of fall. It has been added an inner layer in elastic fabric with ripstop, made by Dyneema, to reinforce the shorts, the same miraculous thread that is used for the manufacture of climbing ropes, reinforcements for the Copa America sails, and bulletproof vests. This will help prevent the inner tissue from tearing. This double-layer fabric has been applied over the side panel to ensure greater protection on the hips and thighs in the event of a fall. Although originally designed to help Tour de France riders to cope with the early stages of the race, these shorts can be useful for gravel cycling or local races, or if you often fall or always slip sideways as our preferred GCN presenter.
Progetto X2 pad: Professional level pad for maximum comfort. The new seamless skin care layer is softer against the skin and reduces abrasion. The saddle layer is separated in the form of a saddle with progressive damping by high-density foam and gel inserts. Ideal for average distances between 2 to 3 hours.
- Use: Road
- Double layer side panels for additional protection in the event of a fall - Special smooth layer of our Vortex fabric lined with a stretch-resistant Dyneema fabric
- Forza fabric inside the leg with 38% Lycra for a perfect fit
- Straps in mesh fabric with minimalist construction to keep the body cool
- GIRO4 elastic band at the end of the leg for greater adhesion distributed over a wider surface
- Doppio V construction in the front for greater support and comfort
- Flat seams
- Badana Progetto X2 Air Seamless
- Weight: 203 g
- Temperature range: 15ºC / 32ºC